Monday, November 28, 2005
Yeah - he does.
If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
What's with all the exercising? Can't we just live life like it's meant to be...
Lead me not into temptation (I can find the way myself)
Just like water - only, I flow upwards.
I tried to get a life once, but they were out of stock.
So I decided to make mine better than the ones on offer
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
You don't have to be from IIT-IIM, Symbiosis will do just fine.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Yes - I only gave the Symbiosis entrance exam - never even tried for the IIMs :-)
Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7 of your life.
Today is Monday... yechhh
Sunday, November 27, 2005
So here I am -all SIGNED Up.
Just click the link below and come right in :-)
THis is supposed to be my personal invitation or something like that. LOL
But it works.
Friday, November 25, 2005
I'm home again...
This time I should be around for awhile.
I'll be staying in a house close to home. In fact it's just around the corener.
So we had a purification session for the new dwelling as also to welcome me back.
My Bhabhi - watching over the Proceedings in the middle.
My job (apart from the photographs) was to sit, keep up with their chants as much as possible, and keep pouring in the oil(Ghee) everytime my aunt went ,"SWAHA".
We left after the prayes, the fire was allowed to burn out - and it took a close to 5 hrs to do so. That's something. Consequently, when I went home to check on things (at night), the house was all smoked up.
I wasn't expecting this kind of a welcome. SO it totally bowled me over. I ain't fakin' it when I say - WOW!!!
Friday, November 18, 2005
There is a sense of closure to this week. Seems like I'll be starting something new.
Yes - my move to NIIT will be good for life.
Closing out the meetings - saying goodbyes - some never to meet again!!
It leaves a tear in the eye - but the winds of time will blow that dry.
So it begins...
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
- Reshmas last day today. She's off on one long sabbatical after this. This one hurts - she was one of the very few genuine people one will meet in the path of life. She told me to be good and do well.
- The famous incident of the mistaken "girl whom arjun is marrying" also occurred on the 8th. Actually it occurred on the 7th - but was reported in the local grapevine on the 8th morning. It was a 'not so simple' case of mistaken identity. There is a picture on my desk - carrying in it the pictorial representations of 4 males & 1 female of our testing team. I am one of the 4 males depicted therein. A local warm body viewed the picture and commented that this was the young lady i was to marry. The news got interesting because that individual had not seen my lady and sat 3.5 metres from the depicted girl in the office. The poor lady was embarassed beyond doubt till the evening as people went and kept congratulating her. The individual who'd CREATED THE STIR, remained unmoved.
Monday, November 07, 2005
- Vikram was on a half -day. He had to leave his family to the Station.Cat is away - mice will play
- Raghav went to see his wife off to Delhi too. This mouse will not play. He will stay late in office without any worry now.
- Vivek is back after a weeks vacation. He had an exciting Diwali week. On calls all day - parties at night.
- I went to book my tickets to Nagpur. Should be able to spend this weekend with Jigyasa. Will collect the tickets tomorrow.
- Project testing coming along OK. Lets see what tomorrow does for us.
Thursday, November 03, 2005
Tough Day - lotsa work - trying to download VPCs from the FTP
Its 3:30 am here on the 4th and I'm stilll not sure this is going anywhere.
Got to spend a lot of time in office and have meaningful discussions with SUmanta in the US and the Guards at our reception desk.
I would so so like to hit the sack!!!!
I did a lot of arguing today - you know - one of those days!!
Hopefully Friday'll be better
Wednesday, November 02, 2005
• Tina (my sis) landed up late – so we got late getting to Boss’ home.
• Vikram & Monica have a nice place and the twosome are awesome. They exude warmth and happiness I sacrificed Bhabhis home made kachoris in favor of Vrindas Malayalam special lunch. It wasn't an easy decision - but one that I made with a very heavy heart. I'm sure I could have eaten the Kachoris and lunch - but Tina was showing me eyes....!!
• Vrinda is an excellent cook and a great host – she actually left her meal midway to make more rice for the hungry me!!!
• Tina and me did the Rangoli , the Diyas and the Puja after that – it was the way things were supposed to be done.
• Crackers, drinks’n’dinner followed at Shiladityas place as we settled down for a late evening get together and made animated conversation.
This was one of the better Diwalis that I’ve celebrated. Was fortunate enough to be with people who care.
I do believe that the next one will be better!!!